Department of Informatics :
The department of Informatics is a dynamic department that focuses on relationship people have with technology and what it really means in shapping the way people/society work and share in this digital age. The department manages two Diploma programs and one Certificate program; Diploma in information technology and another one is Diploma in Health Informatics and the a certificate in information technology. The department also helps in shaping and nurturing technological research for innovative purposes and we expect a lot of break-through innovations. Below are the programmes
Learning Outcomes :
At the end of this program students should be able to;
- Write a computer program using Python and VB.net programming.
- Develop a website of through the knowledge they have accumulated.
- Troubleshoot any information technology related problems for organizations, institutions and small and medium enterprises (SMEs).
- Monitor ,write and evaluate policies and procedures related to Health Informatics.
- Think critically about the use and interpretation of data.
- Analyze the management of health information systems.
- Explain the importance of risk management principles.
- Communicate effectively with both health and IT professionals.
- Discuss and apply procedures to assure the privacy and security of individual health information
Diploma in Information Technology.
Diploma in Health Informatics
Diploma in Records & Information Science
Certificate in Information Technology.
Certificate in Records & Archive Management
Diploma in Information Technology (DIT)
- To train students the techniques of programming and online marketing so as to be innovative.
- To promote information technology human resource in the region and the neighboring countries.
- To provide information technology support to the communities through training and learning.
Diploma in Health Informatics (DHI)
- To nurture students who will handle and use patient data professionally.
- To introduce students the skills of data analysis for purposes of decision making in the health sector.
- To teach students how health processes and how information is handled using health care information systems.
- To equip students with the skill in developing and managing health information.
Diploma in Record and Information Science(RIS)
- To introduce learners to the concepts of designing information systems to provide
- To inculcate students with the skill to manage records and information resources.
- To teach learners how to use information technologies in library and in records
Certificate in Information Technology
- To introduce students to the new techniques of IT innovations.
- To introduce students to the skills required in employment today
- To teach programming skills.
Certificate in Records and Archive Management
- To nurture students on the best ways of keeping records
- To introduce students to cataloging techniques
- To teach students the record archiving methods and management